On 5th of October, SPIGF will run a panel discussion FUTURE OF NATURAL GAS. Gazprom is the organiser of the event.
Natural gas is an integral part of the energy balance and one of the core elements of sustainable economic growth. Natural gas has minimal impact on the environment. Using natural gas is the only way to simultaneous minimization of nitrogen oxide, sulfur oxide and micro particles emissions, at the same time ensuring uninterrupted affordable energy production. The natural gas industry has developed infrastructure, operates in market economy and does not require government subsidies.
Advantages of natural gas are obvious. So what has been hindering natural gas from becoming the basic fuel in the world market? What does the future hold for natural gas, how can it best reveal its potential?
Representatives of international organizations responsible for natural gas industry issues will answer these and other questions during the Panel Discussion «Future of Natural Gas».
List of participating organizations:
- Gas Exporting Countries Forum;
- International Gas Union;
- International Energy Agency;
- Global Gas Centre;
- International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA);
- Clingendael International Energy Programme (CIEP);
- NGVA Europe;
- European Climate Foundation;
- Oxford Institute for Energy Studies;
- Center for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Analytical Center for the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Insitute for Energy and Finance;
- Skolkovo Energy Centre.
Information will be further updated. Follow the updates on the Forum's website in the section Convention Program.